SCR Diesel Catalysts
CERAM SCR diesel catalysts enable the highly efficient reduction of nitrogen oxides (NOx) in diesel engine exhaust gases, to thereby meet legally mandated emissions targets. In combination with optimized fuel consumption, lowering CO2-emissions, this is beneficial to both, the environment and - due to decreased operating costs - the engine operators.
Hence, economic and ecological goals can be pursued at the same time.
With the help of SCR catalysts, diesel-powered engines can meet the applicable NOx emission limits. The main application areas application are commercial vehicles, tractors, construction machinery, propulsion and auxiliary engines in shipping, as well as stationary diesel generators. The SCR diesel catalyst differs from the conventional power plant SCR DeNOx catalysts in its special material composition, product design and very high cell density (small pitch). In contrast to wash-coated competitor products, the CERAM SCR diesel catalyst is composed of homogeneous, catalytically active materials. The catalyst’s material composition and process technology offer the client consistently high performance levels in a wide range of applications with excellent durability. Due to the excellent product activity, nitrogen oxide emissions remain below the legally mandated emissions thresholds for extended periods, thereby reducing consumer costs. Consequently, diesel engines can be calibrated to a maximum NOx output. This is subsequently absorbed by the catalyst, which corresponds to the engine settings, characterized by high power output in relation to lower fuel consumption, as well as a reduction in soot particles.
The certified environmental and quality management systems (ISO 14001) ensure compliance with legal environmental standards as well as continuous improvements in the development of our products.
Solutions for SCR Diesel Catalysts
Since the Euro IV emissions standard was mandated, NOx emissions from all vehicles and combustion engine types have had to be drastically reduced: from 3.5 g NOx/kWh in 2005 to 0.4 g NOx/kWh for the most stringent legislation worldwide to date, such as Euro VI and T4F / Stage V.To meet our customers’ requirements, we regularly and continuously conduct several special product tests, such as:
- NOx reduction over a wide range of operating conditions in lab and bench scale reactors.
- Three-dimensional contour measurement of the cylinder surface using laser triangulation to ensure dimensional accuracy for the canning process.
- Isostatic compressive strength of the diesel catalytic converters ensures the strength required for the high holding forces of the ceramic mats in vehicle use.
- High activity
- High selectivity
- Excellent sorption capacity and oxidation of hydrocarbons and soot particles
- High ammonia storage capacity
- Outstanding durability
- Negligible greenhouse gas generation
- Excellent low-temperature activity
- Excellent mechanical strength and elasticity thanks to the integration of glass fibres in the active oxides material matrix
- Diameter range from 5.66 to 13 inches
- Cell densities from typically 300 to 400 cpsi
As Flexible as the Requirements
Highly skilled scientists and engineers are constantly working to support our customers with best-in-class catalysts for their applications. Customers can rely on decades of experience, based on regular training and upskilling.
Our research and development projects cover all aspects of the catalyst life cycle. This ranges from joint development projects with raw material suppliers, basic research on new catalyst systems , process development and improvement, to the optimization of application-specific catalysts. Continuous improvement programs are applied to existing products and processes.